Direct Marketing Specialist II
Reporting to the Senior Communications Campaign Manager, the Marketing Specialist II will lead and support the development and execution of communication and marketing campaigns and initiatives across the JAX organization. This collaborative position will work with and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as Development, Education, Recruitment, Courses and Conferences and faculty. Experience managing cross-functional teams without formal authority is needed. This role will also provide project management oversight for campaigns and initiatives, including project progress status reporting, budget management and performance metric reporting. Project management may include stakeholder and external relationship management.
Direct Marketing Specialist II is mid-level, with an employee typically having 3+ years of experience in marketing and communications, baseline to advanced experience in knowledge is expected across Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, email marketing platforms, HTML, social media and the creative development process for traditional and digital collateral. Direct Marketing Specialist II will demonstrate the skills to develop and coach junior Direct Marketing Specialist I employees regarding necessary skills needed to execute the role. Understanding and experience using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for marketing campaigns. Excellent marketing writing and proofreading skills required. Proven experience creating impactful messaging and copy for audience specific campaigns across print, social media and web. Fundamental understanding of integrated and omni-channel marketing campaigns. Leadership presence in managing, developing and communicating with internal and external stakeholders and external vendors.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please include a cover letter and a writing sample along with your resume/CV. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Other duties as assigned
• BS in marketing, communications, or digital communications required
• 3+ years marketing experience
• Experience hand-coding HTML/CSS
• 3+ years’ experience with e-marketing platform Marketo and CRM Salesforce
• Proven ability to learn new technologies; Flexibility to work in a dynamic environment and comfort with changing priorities
• Marketo, Adobe Creative Suite and/or Salesforce certifications a plus
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community Professional presence and judgement to lead projects and manage stakeholder, organizational and strategic communication objectives
• Ability to lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously to successful completion; Confidence in leading projects and stakeholder meetings to meet project deadlines, deliverables and objectives
• Demonstrated ability to be a strong team player; to develop and maintain a professional and positive work environment
• Proven ability to organize time effectively and work under time constraints, meet deadlines and prioritize work; Identifies priorities and allocates resources and time appropriately to achieve organizational goals
• Ability to problem solve as well as sufficient judgment to recognize limits of responsibility and direct issues beyond level of responsibility to appropriate personnel. Actively seeks out feedback and implements feedback or lessons learned to improve performance
• Excellent marketing and promotional writing and proof reading skills; proven experience writing promotional copy and messaging across print, social media and web
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX, www.jax.org) is a nonprofit biomedical research institute with over 2,000 employees whose mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for human disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health. A National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center, JAX has a mammalian genetics headquarters in Bar Harbor, Maine, a facility in Sacramento, California, and a genomic medicine facility, The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine (JAX-GM), in Farmington, Connecticut.
JAX-GM is transforming medicine by improving patient care, lowering costs, and increasing life span and health span. JAX-GM’s research focuses on the complex genetic causes of disease and on the development of genomic solutions tailored to each person's unique genetic makeup.
JAX-GM sits on a 17-acre site on the campus of the University of Connecticut Health Center. The 183,500-square-foot facility opened in the fall of 2014. Now, it houses over 300 biomedical researchers, technicians, and support staff in state-of-the-art computing facilities and laboratories.
JAX-GM resides in the scenic town of Farmington, in the state’s capitol region. The Hartford region, which offers some of the best public schools in the country, is made up of both bigger cities and smaller, charming historic New England towns. JAX-GM is also geographically located within 2 hours of Boston and New York and is close to multiple transportation systems, including bus lines, highways, railroads and international airports.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
INTEGRITY - Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE - Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM - Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE - Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION - Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP - Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including an MBA program. Our campus offers a fitness center with an award-winning wellness program and an onsite full service cafeteria.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about career opportunities at JAX: http://www.jax.org/careers.