The Ruan Lab at JAX-GM is seeking to appoint a postdoctoral associate to participate in research directed toward elucidating the structures and dynamics of complex genomes. For more on the Ruan Lab’s research and goals, visit: https://www.jax.org/research-and-faculty/research-labs/the-ruan-lab
Our Postdoctoral Associates enjoy distinct advantages, including:
• Advanced research in 3D epigenome technology and Biology.
• A uniquely collaborative environment that fosters interdisciplinary “team science” without departmental barriers
• Unparalleled genomic resources and superior research support services
• Close interaction with our award-winning faculty members
• Partnerships with leading universities and medical centers
• Numerous courses and conferences focused on genetics, genomics and biomedicine
• Exceptional benefits, ample time off and other valuable programs
• Working for an institution that has repeatedly been voted among the top 15 “Best Places to work in Academia” in the world by readers of The Scientist
• PhD (or nearing completion of PhD degree)
• Background in human genetics or genomics and disease research
• Publications (1st author highly advantageous)
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX, www.jax.org) is a nonprofit biomedical research institute with over 2,000 employees whose mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for human disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health. A National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center, JAX has a mammalian genetics headquarters in Bar Harbor, Maine, a facility in Sacramento, California, and a genomic medicine facility, The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine (JAX-GM), in Farmington, Connecticut.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
INTEGRITY - Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE - Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM - Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE - Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION - Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP - Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including an MBA program. Our campus offers a fitness center with an award-winning wellness program, an onsite full service cafeteria, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about career opportunities at JAX: http://www.jax.org/careers.